When your life has gotten to the point where you are searching for a top nationally certified professional coach to help you with your destructive personality traits, habits and actions that have crippled your lifestyle and stagnated your progression in life it is usually one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. And for this reason, you should follow some very important guidelines when searching for the right professional coach. We are going to take a few moments and go over five extremely important questions and characteristics that you should look for and consider when choosing your nationally certified professional coach. Here we go!
1. TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION- In the addictions industry today there are many self-taught and self-appointed recovery coaches that are allowing suffering addicts to put their trust, money, and lives in their untrained and uneducated hands with little or no remorse. And these very same self-appointed coaches are doing more harm than good for their clients in a majority of cases. So please do yourself a favor when choosing your top nationally certified professional coach. Please ask for their training and certifications. Please research the school or educational provider so that you get a better understanding of what type of professional coach you would be hiring. It takes a lot of good training at a high skill level to be able to get clients clean and sober at a high rate so please do your research before hiring your professional coach.
2. COACHING STYLE- It is also extremely important that you research the coaching style of the nationally certified professional coach in which you are considering hiring. For example, if you don’t believe in the 12 step method then why would you hire a coach who’s coaching style is rooted in the 12 steps? You wouldn’t. There is a coaching style that is called Harm Reduction that allows the addict to use at a moderate level while tapering off their drug of choice. So if you firmly believe in total abstinence from all substances while trying to get clean then you would not want to hire a coach who’s style is rooted firmly in the harm reduction method. Definitely do your homework on your potential nationally certified professional coach and their coaching style.
3. WHAT TOOLS THEY USE- It will always help you as a client to research what types of tools that your potential professional coach will use to help you get clean and sober and stay clean and sober. We, like drug addicts, are all different human beings and we all respond differently to different tools that are being used to help us gain sobriety. Make sure that the tools that your potential nationally certified professional coach will be using on you are tools that you will respond to in a positive manner. Will the coach bring a workbook or give you homework? Are they asking you to fill out a personality test?
4. COST- There are a few different ways in which you need to look at the cost of your nationally certified professional coach. Of course, you need to make sure that you can afford your professional coach. Financial stress during recovery is a recipe for relapse. So you definitely don’t want to get in over your head when it comes to paying for the services of your professional coach. However, I am sure that we have all heard the saying “You get what you pay for”. This can also be true when it comes to hiring a top nationally certified professional coach. Research the cost of your potential professional coach and learn why their rates are at the level that they have been set. And make sure that the reviews and ratings of your potential professional coach match the rates in which they expect financially.
5. AVAILABILITY AND RATIO- Availability and ratio are obviously two different issues. Availability is pretty self-explanatory. Make sure that you know the availability of your potential professional coach before you hire them. Some coaches claim 24 hours around the clock Access and never answer their phones. Always know before hiring your coach how many face-to-face sessions you are receiving and how often you are allowed to call your coach, email your coach or Skype with your coach. Availability is one of the most important issues with hiring a professional coach because getting sober is a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week process and you will need access to your coach many times during your journey towards sobriety. The next part of this category is the ratio of clients to coach if you are involved in any type of group therapy. One on one coaching is always the most effective form of coaching. Do your research and make sure that you are not being thrown into a group of 20 to 30 clients to one coach. The whole reason why you have decided to go with a top nationally certified professional coach is that you want the one on one coaching so make sure that is what you are getting.
So we have spent a little bit of time going over five very important categories that you need to address when hiring a top nationally certified professional coach. Please do your homework and make sure you hire the best possible professional coach that matches your strengths, weaknesses and personality traits. Hiring a nationally certified professional coach is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make so it’s a no brainer to go in with as much knowledge about who and what you are hiring to help you with all of the destructive personality traits that are holding you back in life.
Want to learn to become a Nationally Certified Professional Recovery Coach? Check out www.theaddictionsacademy.com and get trained to be a top coach today!